Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas is Coming...

And the goose is getting fat! And my apartment is getting over ran by CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS! I have been collecting Snow Village for over 15 years and let's just say I have a lot. It takes many hours to get it out, arrange it according to what part of the village it belongs (suburbs, farm, downtown, etc...) and what accessories go where! Last year I wasn't up for doing all of this so my 4 large boxes have sat in the attic for 2 years. When I looked through everything I was excited to find some pieces I'd forgotten I'd had. All that aside, most of the decorations made it out, but I just don't have enough space in my tiny apartment for them all. In this first picture I put the Double Bungalo on the coffee table and really hope Sugar and Honey don't pounce on it like they did one of my fall pieces.
Here is the downtown scene set up above the kitchen cabinets. Some are lit, I am still working on how to get them all lit...it looks really pretty though!
This last one is of Ashley and I at Multnomah Falls. We stopped here for a potty break on our way to Walla Walla this weekend for volleyball. It was raining and really wet, but the falls were so pretty! It has been a really long time since I've been here and I want to make it a point to come back!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hey copy-catter! I have dibs on references to the fat goose. And yes, copy-catter is totally a real word. Seriously, I do love your village. My village has two houses. More like a Christmas ghost town. :-)

Paige Lomas said...

I love Allison's comment..ghost town! That would make your SV a metropolis! hee hee Can't wait to see it all up and in its glory!