Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seaside 2008...a little late!

The conditions were brutal...lots of wind and even RAIN! The rain was the first I've seen since I started playing about 6 or 7 years ago! This picture doesn't do the weather justice! There were 34 women's teams in our division and it was double elimination.
This was taken after day one...where we went 4-1...good thing it's double elimination. All but one of our matches went 3 games...it was a long first day.
Day two...I told Shawn, my partner, that we needed to win 6 matches to win this thing...and she laughed at me. Oh ye of little faith! Little did she know that we would actually get there!
We played the team that put us in the loser's bracket the day before in the finals...and beat them...in 3 games of course!
Of the 11 matches Shawn and I played over the course of two days, all but 2 went 3 games. We had a lot of fun, I couldn't walk afterwards...and I had to hold back the tears after we won because I was so exhausted. The coolest part was when they had us go on the center stage and be announced as the winners of Women's A! Very cool.
PS: My hair could have looked better, but then again I hear the Flock of Seagulls look is on it's way back!

1 comment:

Paige Lomas said...

Love your pictures...seems like a lifetime ago eh? Or just this summer?