Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Latest Noodle

I can always say that "it's been a while" since I've posted since it's always a while between posts.  So, I'm going to skip that line this time.

Instead I am going to try to write more often, and be ok if there aren't pictures to go along with my posts.

My 12U team that I coach with my good friend Carly has kept me sane the last month or so when bargaining and state tests would drive anyone insane.  I have kids as young as 9 on my teams and they always make me giggle out loud every practice.  No matter how terrible my day is when I spend time with those guys it always make my day.

At our last practice we had a very special interaction occur that went a little something like this:

Me: We need a word to say anytime you guys mess up and have to run and touch the end line

A random player: Noodle
(others at this point shouting in agreement) "Yeah noodle!"
Me: Um ok, "noodle" it is (I looked at Carly and just shrugged...of course they would pick a word like that)
(A little while later)
The game carries on with either Carly or I shouting "NOODLE!" anytime the game required it.  Until one point I apparently took it too far...

Carly to me: I can't believe you just noodled them for that.
Yup, noodle is now a verb.

No comments: