Sunday, February 13, 2011

Coach Player Tournament

Saturday was a first for me and 4 of my 12U players.  We all played in a tournament together at the White Sands Beach facility in Hillsboro.  We were the youngest and (besides me) shortest team out there.  The girls thought it was really cool to play and dive (and dive and dive) in the sand.  I was a little concerned that some of them weren't going to last the day and get what to do but by the end of our 3rd game they were diving and moving toward the ball more than they ever have before!

We didn't win any games (we came REALLY close once...25-27) but they had a blast and we all came out virtually unscathed. 

Well, ALMOST unscathed.  I maaaaaay have broken my toe.  Yup, there's my toe.  All black and blue (and yellow and green and purple).  It's quite sore...and I can tell you this picture does not quite portray the array of colors that my toe has turned in the last 24 hours. 

But, we had a blast.  I had a lot of fun and thanks to my girls' wonderful parents I have pictures to prove it.  I will definitely do this again.

Ellen and I waiting for a ball to be served.  I knew I had a lot of fun yesterday; I guess the smile on my face proves it!
Katelin, the youngest player on my team, learning how to dive for a ball.  She was my NECTAR setter all day.  Did I mention she's only a 3rd grader?
Here's the whole crew between pool play games.  I'm not sure if Isabella could smile any bigger.  That girl has so much energy!  We all had so much fun, definitely going to plan for another one of these soon...minus the toe injury!

No comments: