Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pretty Much Famous

You can't really see it but behind us is the Olympic flame.  The news crew asked us to take some pictures in front of it and they would film us doing that.  It was a little quirky but we did what we were told.  Any director would be proud to have us around!

Lynden and I riding the sky train on our way to the Olympic flame in downtown Vancouver!
Erica, Lynden and I are pretty much famous.  I contacted Stephanie Strickland when I heard that she was looking for locals up here celebrating the Olympics.  She met her in front of the Olympic flame this morning.  She asked us to get "super close" for the interview...apparently Erica felt the need to wrap her arms around me in the process.  The questions were typical...our answers are goofy I'm sure.  But it was a fun experience!  Check us out tonight on Ch. 8 at either 5pm or 6pm!
This was the best picture we got of flames.  They we HUGE and really neat to see. It was too bad that there were so many gates around it because it was hard to get a good picture.

Fun in downtown BC.
We went for the gold!
I was always destined to Alpine Ski!
Good form (my calves were totally cramping in this one!)
I jumped over Lynden to get this picture taken.  Behind me around 2,010 lanterns drawn by children of Taiwan and Vancouver.  At night they are all lit up.

Yes, that is a Japanese Olympian.  No, I don't know what sport he does.  No, I don't know who he is either.  But, he is a great jump roper which is what I saw him perform on the street right before we snagged this picture.  Whatever he's doing he's doing it tomorrow.  Hopefully the 40 times around the jump rope won't ruin his training too much. :)

Tomorrow we head home!  GO USA!

No comments: