Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kits Beach



Our final day in Canada was by far my favorite. We spent most of the day at Kits Beach near downtown Vancouver. Its a very happening place on a hot Saturday afternoon. People of all walks of life are strolling, rollerblading, sunbathing...you name it. Its a great beach that overlooks the bay that was just as busy as the boardwalk. There were probably close to 100 small sailboats racing out on the water, along the shore a group was doing sea kayaking, and right down the beach from where we were folks were playing volleyball. I ended up getting in a few pick up games which was fun (and definitely made me realize that it's been a WHILE since I played sand!) Erica and Lynden had a great time throwing the Frisbee around and people watching (Erica's favorite).
Once the sand got too hot to play on we headed to the pool. It was HUGE! Hopefully the picture in this collage does it justice but to give you an idea of its length...it is almost 3 times as long as an Olympic size pool! The water is like saline solution, very clean but no harsh chemicals to burn your eyes (or ruin your nails in my case). When we got there Erica asked me if I was going to swim a lap and I didn't think I could because I thought it was too salty...nope! I did pretty well for a girl who hasn't worked out in a while! I ended up swimming a little over a lap and it felt great. The water was the perfect temperature, the air was nice and warm (about 85) and the people watching was the best (I think that's what Erica is doing in the center picture on the collage).
We ended up heading home at around 4:00 and had a wonderful dinner with Kathy and her family and friends. Fresh salmon just caught yesterday over caesar salad and key lime pie for dessert! Perfect summer meal...oh so good! We ended our evening painting our toenails; Lynden was especially patient and really excited to get a "dark" color AND have mommy and Anna's toes match hers!
Happy 4th of July everyone! Canada was very fun but I'm ready to head back to the States!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: