Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baking Day 2008

This is a typical Sugar antics. He was watching Lynden ever so closely as she was playing the magnets on my fridge...she was making a crossword puzzle I believe. Sugar loves to play gargoyle while I work in the kitchen...today he chose to "gargoyle" Lynden. Close enough to keep an eye on her but far enough away that she couldn't touch him. Witty little guy.
This was the first kind of cookie I made...Sugar. And as you can see by the counter tops I am not the world's cleanest baker. I am still cleaning white dust off of every surface in my kitchen.
Erica took this great picture of my tree! I absolutely love it! Too bad it doesn't look like that anymore since the next day I came home to it on the ground and all the ornaments everywhere. Glad it's a planted tree so I not only got to pick up all the ornaments but half the dirt that was in my carpet as well!
Erica and I exchanged gifts today since we both knew we'd have the time. I'm pointing to the letters on this cute little sled ornament that they got me because Lynden wanted to keep it for herself. I was trying to point out that it was my name on the sled so I would need to keep it on my tree. I don't think she got the point.
This was right before our lunch break and we are both on our 3rd type of cookie that we made that day. Judging by all these pictures make up would have been a great idea but I guess that's hindsite. Oh well, it was great fun. I was exhausted at the end of the day but the cookies turned out really good and so far I know that I'll be doing gingerbread cookies for sure next year...those have been a hit!

3 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

great pix...and you are right, makeup would have been a good idea! ha!

Sarri said...

Hi Anna!

If you go to this place, you can pick a back ground and they give specific instructions how to do it! Let me know if it won't work for you though.
Happy Snow Days!

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds.php?cat=39

Paige Lomas said...

Isn't Sarri the greatest?