Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Trip to the ER

I planned to post something about my trip to Mexico last week but that didn't happen because I was in the ER most of the afternoon because my friend and teaching partner, Steve, tore his quadriceps muscle and ripped off part of his kneecap.  You'd think there was some miraculous story about how it happened, like dodging a car or saving one of his boys...nope!  He did it while walking down the stairs...poor Steve!

The worst is over for him, he goes into surgery this afternoon and then it's a 3 month recovery.  Marilyn is the one who needs the positive prayers and thoughts right now since the rest of her summer is going to be spent taking care of her husband.  Poor Marilyn!

Before all the ER craziness I did get to go golfing.  I played the back nine of Michelbook and golfed a 51.  I had a chance to birdie 18 but choked and got par, not bad for me!  It would have been better than a 51 had I not blown up on hole 15 (I hit one into the woods and one into the water).  It was quite an eventful day, hopefully today won't end up as crazy!

No comments: